Monday, January 29, 2007

You have got to be really bored to be reading this...

Okay, to relieve some of the anxiety I feel about school – and to relieve some of the stress on my roommates – I’ve decided to post a blog about my schoolwork instead of having to talk about it to them. (Round of applause please, guys?) So that’s it. No more heated debates into the night about nationalized health care or trans fat bans or what Phil says versus what the Torah says…nope, it’s over, kids. The fat lady has sung.

I have to write a paper on this Farm Bill conference I went to. I’m also working on reading this book called Sweet Charity for a book report for the same class. Yep, here at the end of grad school, I still am writing book reports, albeit somewhat more intense than my third grade ones, but at least then I got to make dioramas to go with the report. What would I make a diorama of?

So far, the book seems to be about how horrible charitable organizations are b/c they make sure poor people get food instead of advocating to the government to make sure poor people get food. I hear the point, but I mean, is it better that people starve as long as we are acting on principle? Come on, people!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.