Tuesday, January 30, 2007

My Core is Sore

Monday nights I can’t make it to the gym b/c I have class until 8, don’t get home until after 9 and the gym closes at 10. I know, why don’t I just go then? Because I have a problem – I need to workout for an hour, or else it’s not worth it. I know, it’s wrong, but hey, that’s me so just accept it. I also have trouble giving up some of my hour cardio to do strength training, which is a separate problem in itself. For another time.

Anyway, so I have these Winsor pilates DVDs b/c we just created a website for them at my job, so I figured I’d try them. And let me tell you, anything you might have thought about pilates, if you’ve never tried them – they are tough! None of this peaceful, serene business. No sir. This is pain, sweat, push, pull. And you want to ask these women how they can hold their bodies that way. It’s weird. You roll into a ball and rock back and forth so your tushie is up in the air. Not normal.

The whole point, as Sarah tells me, is to strengthen your core, to keep your abs tight and make them do all the work. Well they must have been doing something b/c I feel it today. Every time I move, I hurt. It feels good though. I actually broke blood vessels in my arm by doing those arm circles and pull downs. You know what they say…no pain, no gain!

Never got that expression by the way. You don’t want to GAIN, right? You want to lose. Whatever. Lots of expressions don’t really make sense I guess.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kinda like the expression "You learn something new every day". There must be some days you don't learn anything new. I mean every single day do you really think there is something new you learned? What did you learn new yesterday???
Very excited to try the Pilates workout one time with you...

She-nerd said...

Actually, Sarah, I do feel like I learn something new every day. For example, I learned yesterday that Pilates hurts. Today I learned that there are parts of fennel called fronds.

Sorry you asked?

Anonymous said...

Please keep my name out of a post that is called nerdberg...
Keep track and let me know on the days you did NOT learn something...